Management of Editorial Standards and Content Quality
Our editorial quality management is based on 3 pillars:
- Only the best authors: Our authors only include doctors and senior medical students. All new authors undergo a stringent selection procedure by writing sample articles, which are peer-reviewed by our most experienced authors and our editorial board.
- Extensive briefings and research: We do not aim to write medical articles dealing with aspects that are only relevant to patients. To maintain focus on the needs of medical students as well as on our goal of being a reliable source, we consider extensive briefings and research as the starting point of each new article. This process includes defining relevant aspects regarding the corresponding curriculum as well as providing images and photo material.
- Peer review and conscientious content-related and technical copyediting: Our final quality management is based on dual control. The initial peer review by senior authors and doctors ensures the accuracy of the article’s content and ascertains the coverage of all exam-relevant aspects of the topic. The peer reviewer further verifies the reliability of the primary sources. The second step involves technical copyediting, wherein our editors proofread the article with great attention to detail and enter it into our content management system. Relevant tables, diagrams, and lists are included at this point.
- Read more about Lecturio’s Publishing Policy
- Read more about Lecturio’s Editorial Guidelines
- Read more about Lecturio’s Peer Review Guidelines
Persons in Charge
Dr. Stanley Oiseth – Chief Medical Editor
Maria Jähne – Chief Editor
Dr. Tobias Georgi – Chief Content Officer
If you have any questions or feedback on our content, please contact the editorial board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working as an Author
Are you a doctor or senior medical student, have experience in copywriting, and desire to become an author at Lecturio? Please feel free to send us your application at email@example.com.
Please include the following:
- Motivational letter: Why would you want to work as an author for the Lecturio Medical Magazine, and how can you contribute toward the achievement of our vision?
- Certificates and testimonials