Study for the IFOM
The International Foundations of Medicine Examination(IFOM) assesses and compares medical students’ knowledge against an international standard. These results are used as benchmarks towards continued medical education in school as well as promotion towards sitting for the USMLE® Step 1 and Step 2 CK examination. IFOM scores are also used in candidate selections for training programs.
The IFOM assesses medical students’ knowledge against an international standard, both on a basic science level and clinical science level.
- Both exams consist of 160 multiple choice clinical case questions to be completed in 4 hours
- IFOM-BSE (basic sciences) covers Anatomy, Biochemistry, Histology & Cell Biology, Microbiology, Organ systems, Pathology, Pharmacology, and Physiology
- IFOM-CSE (clinical sciences) assesses your ability to apply knowledge in a clinical context, and includes topics such as Family Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, and Surgery
Preparing for the IFOM with Lecturio
- Learn with over 220 hours of short, concise, and easy-to-follow video lectures by award-winning medical experts
- Study with lectures, articles, and concept cards covering all topics for the IFOM examination, including clinical medicine and preventive medicine
- Access 2000+ real-life clinical scenarios to test high-yield concepts and your clinical decision-making skills. Learn from detailed explanations on correct and incorrect answer options, plus linked video lectures.
- More than 9,000 quiz questions for an in-depth learning experience, similar to the multiple-choice questions on the exam and connected to a smart retrieval system.
- Use technology proven effective by learning science (several learning formats, including spaced repetition, problem-based learning, and more)
- Create your own study plan and monitor your progress
- Access study strategies and techniques used by experienced upperclassmen
Award-winning educators ensure top teaching quality
Students’ Lecturio Experience
Students’ Lecturio Experience
Learn concepts effectively with short, concise, and easy-to-follow video lectures taught by teaching experts. Benefit from integrated quiz questions, 3D anatomy models, multi-lingual captions, and downloadable slides.
Extensive Medical Concept Library
Master new medical concepts and reinforce your knowledge on challenging topics using our comprehensive Concept Pages, created and peer-reviewed by US-trained physicians. Available any time, whether you are at home, in school, or at the hospital.
Advanced Question Bank
Apply concepts by practicing clinical case questions and become familiar with actual test situations. Review the concepts with in-depth text explanations, linked video lectures, and First Aid® references.
Smart Spaced Repetition
Retain key information better and improve your ability to recall key concepts with the aid of an adaptive algorithm, which tells you exactly what you need to repeat and when.