Lecturio’s mission is to make impactful high-quality medical education equally available to all medical students and professionals around the globe. MEDI is specifically designed to empower those institutions which display an acute need for medical capacity building support by providing access to our digital medical education platform. Lecturio continuously works together with public and private partners to secure access where it is needed most.
Current MEDI projects:
- Balkh University, Afghanistan
- Kabul Medical University, Afghanistan
- Jaamacadda Hargeysa University of Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Catholic University of Health and Allied Sciences, Tanzania
MEDI offers successful applicants best-in-class digital medical education enhancement with a full medical training curriculum that is based on the latest developments in learning science. Effective video-based lectures featuring some of the world’s best professors are supported by integrated state-of-the-art knowledge retention tools. By becoming part of the initiative, your institution will receive a proven and adaptable digital toolkit that will further educate students, better qualify staff and enhance your overall medical capacity building.
The world’s healthcare workforce is distributed unevenly across the globe. Critically, those countries with the greatest healthcare burdens, and often those which suffer most from the impact of preventable diseases, must make do with an inadequate healthcare workforce. This deficit of trained healthcare professionals not only negatively affects the health of millions of people around the globe, but can also be a major obstacle to furthering overall happiness and prosperity for many countries and local communities.
As a member of Lecturio’s Medical Education Development Initiative, your institution will be granted access to the digital learning resources needed to help train and develop the healthcare professionals critical to meeting your particular challenges.
Project membership grants include:
- Licenses for a selection of our medical online courses (more than 500 hours of video lectures, 5,000 quiz questions and an online library with text-based resources)
- Usage of our whitelabel learning management system for organizations, or our own hosted platform for single licenses
Note: The number of licenses and courses granted depends on the scope of your project.
Lecturio’s medical education platform is available on all computers, smartphones, tablets and even offline—with only one download. Using our elearning resources, you can let your staff, students or project participants develop medical skills on their own schedules or develop flipped-classroom methods which utilize our resources. This lets you save time while imparting theoretical knowledge and place the focus on practical training.
How Do I Apply?
Applying for a membership in the Lecturio Medical Education Initiative is a very straightforward, three-step process:
- Press the “Apply Now” button and describe what target group you would like to benefit from access to Lecturio’s platform
- We will then evaluate your application together with our partner experts.
- We will get in touch with you and discuss the collaboration in order to make the best of it.
Am I Eligible?
Our main goal at Lecturio is to generate real positive impact. Therefore our MEDI eligibility rules are as straightforward as our application process:
- Only organizations, institutions, and projects are eligible.
- Submit a project proposal that demonstrates how your institution can use Lecturio’s platform to overcome local or global health challenges for the benefit of others.
- You agree to cooperate in terms of evaluation, monitoring, and public relations.