Next Gen NCLEX-RN® Study Plan
Excel on the NCLEX with Lecturio’s comprehensive
A Proven Success Strategy
Lecturio’s comprehensive Next Generation NCLEX-RN study plan offers expertly crafted content and innovative learning tools for a dynamic learning experience.
Master exam strategies
Learn how to identify and approach different question types – even when you’re guessing.
Sharpen testing skills
Get practical exam-day experience with a simulated testing environment and realistic question types.
Seek personalized support
Connect with your peers and nursing educators on Lecturio’s Discord community.
Excel on exam day
Apply your knowledge and test-taking skills to optimize exam-day performance.
What Sets Lecturio's NCLEX-RN Review Course Apart:
Innovative Features and Proven Success Strategies
Introducing Lecturio’s Next Generation NCLEX-RN review course, designed to help nursing students excel on the latest version of the NCLEX-RN exam.
This course offers expertly crafted content and advanced learning tools for a comprehensive and dynamic learning experience. Whether you’re a first-time test-taker or seeking to improve your previous score, Lecturio’s Next Generation NCLEX-RN review course is the ultimate resource for NCLEX success.
Learn How To Take the Exam
Begin by learning the basics of the types of questions and how to approach them. Our question walk-throughs teach you tips and tricks on how to answer questions, even when you’re guessing.
Put Your Testing Skills to the Test with Practice Questions
Sharpen your NCLEX skills, including Next Generation NCLEX (NGN), with our practice questions that come with thorough rationales.
Brush Up on Unfamiliar Content When Necessary
With Lecturio, you don’t have to look elsewhere for concept review. Our platform offers thousands of content videos that you can access to review topics that you need to brush up on.
Access Personalized Support by Joining Our Community
Our Discord community provides a platform for nursing students to connect with peers and access support from current nurses and nursing educators.
Top Educators Lead You to NCLEX Success
Dr. Rhonda Lawes is a Certified Nurse Educator (CNE), and an Assistant Professor at the University of Oklahoma College of Nursing in Oklahoma, USA. She obtained her PhD in Educational Psychology from Oklahoma State University in 2016. Helping nursing students to use the science of cognitive learning to maximize their study effectiveness, Prof. Lawes has earned numerous teaching awards.
Liz is a Family Nurse Practitioner (NP) who uses social media to document the joys and challenges that come along with the nursing profession. Nurse Liz, as she is affectionately known, regularly offers tips to help nursing and NP students to help navigate the world of nursing education and the careers that follow. Her platform is designed to be an open and safe space where students can share their experiences and insights to build confidence and encourage growth in one another as part of a community.
Frequently Asked Questions
The NCLEX exam (National Council Licensure Examination) is a standardized test taken by nursing students to obtain their nursing license. The NCSBN publishes the test plans for the NCLEX each year with a complete breakdown of exam content. Make sure to review the latest one before you start your preparation, but additionally utilize resources like Lecturio’s review course that guide you through nursing topics systematically to help you be most efficient with your preparation. Make sure to focus on your weaker areas!
To best prepare for the NCLEX, we recommend the following strategic steps:
- Focus: identify priority topics and exclude unnecessary areas early on—you don’t have time to waste! Lecturio’s NCLEX review course covers exactly what you will need to know to pass.
- Know your enemy: familiarize yourself with the exam structure, NGN changes, and mechanics of the NCLEX question types. Once they’re second nature, you can focus on the content without needing to think about how to approach a question. Utilize practice questions from the start!
- Step by step preparation: follow a study plan, ideally embedded in an NCLEX prep course.
- Calm your nerves: show up confident and ready to go on exam day. You’ve got this!
Most students spend between 1 and 3 months preparing for their NCLEX exam. You can find dedicated study plans for 4, 6, 8, or 12 weeks, but ultimately it is your responsibility to gauge how much time you think you need—and how much time you have to spare.
To create an effective NCLEX study plan, follow these steps:
- Set the timeline: determine your available study time and divide it evenly over the month.
- Prioritize: review the NCLEX exam outline and prioritize content areas that you are weakest in and that get tested the most.
- Get materials: use a mix of study materials like NCLEX books or free NCLEX study guides. Or, sign up for review courses like Lecturio’s program which includes the schedule and materials!
- Utilize questions: incorporate regular practice sessions with NCLEX prep questions into your plan.
Some of the best NCLEX study programs and review courses available include in-person NCLEX review classes, online NCLEX review courses, and NCLEX refresher courses. The best NCLEX review course for you may vary based on your learning preferences, budget, and location.
To find the best NCLEX-RN review course for your needs, consider the following factors:
- Learning style: look for courses that offer a mix of teaching methods, like lectures, practice questions, and multimedia resources. Hint: Lecturio has all of them!
- Course format: choose between in-person NCLEX review classes, online NCLEX review courses, or a combination of both.
- Student reviews: research student reviews and testimonials to gauge the effectiveness of the course.
- Budget: compare prices and available discounts to find a course within your budget.
- Course length and flexibility: select a course that fits your schedule and provides ample time for preparation.
To stay motivated and focused during your NCLEX study plan, consider the following tips:
- Set realistic goals and track your progress.
- Create a comfortable and organized study environment.
- Schedule regular breaks and practice self-care.
- Use positive reinforcement and reward yourself for milestones achieved.
- Connect with fellow nursing students or join a study group for support and encouragement like Lecturio’s Discord community for nursing students!
To manage test anxiety while preparing for the NCLEX exam, try these strategies:
- Develop a consistent study routine and stick to your study plan.
- Practice relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing exercises and mindfulness meditation.
- Focus on mastering the content rather than stressing over the exam outcome.
- Take regular breaks, exercise, and maintain a balanced diet to support your overall well-being.
- Talk to friends, family, or fellow nursing students about your concerns and seek their support and encouragement.
Some common mistakes to avoid while preparing for the NCLEX exam include:
- Procrastinating or waiting until the last minute to begin studying.
- Relying solely on memorization instead of understanding and applying nursing concepts.
- Neglecting to practice with NCLEX-style questions and not familiarizing yourself with the exam format.
- Focusing solely on your weakest areas and neglecting to review all content areas.
- Ignoring test-taking strategies and not developing a plan to manage your time during the exam.
To determine if you’re ready to take the NCLEX exam, consider the following indicators:
- Consistently scoring well on practice exams and NCLEX-style questions
- Confidence in your knowledge of nursing concepts and ability to apply them in clinical scenarios
- Familiarity with the NCLEX exam format, including computer adaptive testing
- Completion of an established study plan, including a thorough review of all content areas
- A positive mindset and effective stress management techniques to handle exam anxiety
- Tackle the new NGN question types with detailed, explanatory walkthroughs
- Become a pro at answering NCLEX questions with practice questions and rationales
- Follow the comprehensive study plan—video lectures, cheat sheets, quizzes—on the top nursing topics you need for the NCLEX
- Connect with your peers and get support from nurses in our Discord community